Search

Book Review - Shameless by Lex Martin




Synopsis: 

Brady…

What the hell do I know about raising a baby? Nothing. Not a goddamn thing.

Yet here I am, the sole guardian of my niece. I’d be lost if it weren’t for Katherine, the beautiful girl who seems to have all the answers. Katherine, who’s slowly finding her way into my cynical heart.

I keep reminding myself that I can’t fall for someone when we don’t have a future. But telling myself this lie and believing it are two different things.

Katherine…

When Brady shows up on a Harley, looking like an avenging angel—six feet, three inches of chiseled muscle, eyes the color of wild sage, and sun-kissed skin emblazoned with tattoos—I’m not sure if I should fall at his feet or run like hell. Because if I tell him what happened the night his family died, he might hate me.

What I don’t count on are the nights we spend together trying to forget the heartache that brought us here. I promise him it won’t mean anything, that I won’t fall in love.

I shouldn’t make promises I can’t keep.

* Author's note: Due to mature situations and sexual content, Shameless is recommended for readers 18+.


Review:

ShamelessShameless by Lex Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Shameless is the book that introduced me to Lex Martin's work and the indie book world, so I have a lot to thank her for. Not only did she create a wonderful book for me and so many others to enjoy, but her book also lead me to the wonderful book community I am now a part of, so I am very grateful to have stumbled upon Shameless, its amazing author and the indie book world.


What can I say? I absolutely loved Shameless! Just thinking about it makes me swoon, but I mean, who wouldn't swoon over Brady? He's your typical bad boy with a heart of gold that I just want to lick. Is that too much?! *Shrugs* You'll understand when you read Shameless. After all, he is six feet of purely male chiseled perfection.


Did I mention Brady has green eyes and tattoos? *swoons* I hope I have your attention now because Brady totally deserves it. All of it.


Brady isn't just fine as hell. He is also this lovable hunk who will make your heart melt when you see the way he treats his adorable niece, Izzy. It's honestly so damn cute and totally swoon worthy. *Gah!* I couldn't help but smile like a big dork when he'd interact with her. It was the sweetest thing ever. *melts into a puddle*


I guess I should stop going on and on about how hot and perfect Brady is and actually talk about the story itself, huh? Well, I'll sum it up for you and try not to give too much away. Long story short, Brady's brother and sister-in-law die in a car accident. (I promise this isn't a spoiler) Thankfully, his niece Izzy was not with her parents at the time of the accident, but because both her parents die she is left an orphan. Brady being her uncle and immediate blood relative after her parents, has to step up and take care of her.

The funny thing is, Brady has never taken care of a baby in his life so it creates some pretty hilarious moments between the two. Luckily for him, he doesn't have to do it all on his own. Why do I say this? Well he has Katherine, his niece's nanny, but Kat is not just Izzy's nanny, she was also best friends with Izzy's mom. She is as close to a mom as Izzy has, so much so, Kat loves Izzy as if she was her own. You can tell right off the bat that Kat only wants the best for Izzy, so she helps Brady be the best uncle he can be for her and teaches him everything he needs to know, and let me just say, a lot of cuteness ensues, so consider yourself warned. ;)


Brady and Kat are both complete opposites but when you spend 24/7 together, those differences stop mattering, and feelings are bound to develop and develop they did. ;)


I loved Brady and Kat's chemistry. It was so HOT! *swoons* If you are a fan of lots of sexy time in your romance novels than you need to read Shameless ASAP, because Lex Martin included lots of it and it was all so sensual and very, very steamy. *fans myself remembering all those amazing and hot as sin scenes*




Brady and Kat also had their adorable moments that included none other than Brady's adorable niece, Izzy. They melted my heart more times than I can count, and I loved every second of it. They are so perfect for each other. *Gah!*


In case I didn't say it enough, let me reiterate, I love, Love, LOVED Shameless! It had everything I look for in my romance novels and was perfect in every way. I cannot rave enough about Shameless, and highly recommend it to all romance lovers out there. If you haven't read anything by Lex Martin, Shameless is a good place to start in my opinion.

I give Shameless 5 out of 5 stars and cannot and I mean CANNOT wait to read Reckless, the standalone companion to Shameless. It releases this coming year on February 20, 2018, so make sure to mark those calendars. ;)

View all my reviews

Favorite Quotes:

  • “Because in another lifetime, in a parallel world—one where he doesn’t live on the other side of the country—I think he’s the kind of man I could love.” 

  • “I’m pretty sure little hearts are popping out of my eyes right now. Here is this hot man, tattoos decorating his rugged arms, muscles tugging at the fabric, asking me about the baby’s binkie while he holds her close to his chest. Hello, ovary explosion.” 

 


Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment