Search

Book Review - Hopeless by Colleen Hoover



Synopsis:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


Review:

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you ever heard of Colleen Hoover? Yes? Well I hadn't until a few months ago. I know, I know...It's pretty crazy, right? I must have been living under a rock or something, because I had never heard of her until I saw a post on Instagram for the TV show based on her novel, Confess. I watched the first episode and was hooked instantly. I knew right away that I had to read her books, because if the show was good, I knew her books had to be ten times better and I have to say, I was not wrong. Not wrong at all.


Fast forward a few days and there I was, sitting in front of my laptop, looking through all her books on Amazon. It was a hard choice but after looking through all her novels I decided to start with Hopeless, and let me just say, I was hooked and I mean HOOKED from the very first page. I absolutely enjoyed reading it from beginning to end, and am so glad I chose it as my first Colleen Hoover novel, because Hopeless is so much more than your average YA novel.


Hopeless is an emotional roller coaster that will give you all the feels. It will make you smile, laugh, sigh, cry and at times it will even make you angry. It is deep, heartfelt and it will make you ooh and awww at some of the sweet moments that Sky and Dean share, but more than anything, it will make your heart ache for some of the things you discover as you read.


Hopeless deals with some really hard subject matter that is not for the faint of heart, and I wish so much I could go into more detail, but if I do I could easily spoil something and that's the last thing I want to do for fellow bookworms, so I'm not going to go there.

If you have not read Hopeless yet and are looking for a great romance novel with a lot of intrigue, than 'Hopeless' is for you, and if you are still unsure about reading Hopeless and are looking for a reason to read it than don't look any further and just take the plunge. I did and I am so glad that I took a chance on Colleen Hoover and her novel, Hopeless. It was the perfect introduction to her work that is unlike anything else I've ever read and I mean that wholeheartedly.

Colleen Hoover truly has a way with words, and from just reading Hopeless, I can already say I have a new favorite author and will gladly recommend her work to anyone and everyone out there, so if you're reading this, READ HER BOOKS.


I cannot emphasize this enough.👆

I know I said this already, but I am really glad I chose Hopeless as my first Colleen Hoover book and I cannot wait to read more of her work. I have no doubt that anything I read by her is going to be amazing like her and her awesome personality, which I've really gotten to see shine through her multiple social media platforms over the last few months. I can't say I know her personally, but I really wish I could be her best friend. Maybe someday.


Overall, I give Hopeless 5 out of 5 stars, and hope someday I can find my very own Dean Holder. <3 br="">
View all my reviews


Favorite Quotes: 

  • “I want you to keep them open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart.” 

  • “I live you, Sky," he says against my lips. "I live you so much.”

  • “The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you.”

  •  “Sometimes you have to choose between a bunch of wrong choices and no right ones. You just have to choose which wrong choices feels the least wrong.” 



Purchase at E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment