Search

Book Review - His Best Friend's Little Sister By Vivian Wood



From Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestseller Vivian Wood

His best friend’s little sister is about to get something… BIG.

Henry Wyatt is big all over, ripped as sin, and fresh out of the Navy SEALs. When he decides to go to his best friend’s cabin for some downtime, the last thing he expects is to run into her, naked and tempting him in ways he never could have imagined.

Ellie’s his best friend’s little sister and he’s never seen her like that. Little Ellie is all grown up, with a body that begs to be touched.

There’s no way Henry should be looking at her like that, or thinking about how her body would sway just so if he turned her over and took her from behind. She’s almost ten years younger than him, and besides that, she’s Eliah’s little sister.

She’s off limits. Period. Until Ellie reveals that she’s never been with a man before, and suddenly all Henry can think about is being her first. Hell, he’d be the last man she was ever with, too… But Ellie has her own set of reasons why that could never happen.

When Henry sets his mind to something though, there’s no stopping him… and little Ellie doesn’t stand a chance.



Book Review:

His Best Friend's Little Sister (His and Hers, #2)His Best Friend's Little Sister by Vivian Wood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you're looking for a sweet and steamy romance novel where a girl falls in love with her brother's somewhat older best friend than this story is for you.

 photo tumblr_msi9enJLkp1sh4crwo1_500.gif

I personally enjoyed reading His Best Friend's Little Sister, because it has a great story line and two protagonists, who are total opposites yet they are perfect for each other. I guess in their case, "opposites attract" really does apply.

Ellie and Henry have history that goes way back but fate keeps them apart and then brings them back together years later in the least of expected places. A cabin. A cabin that happens to belong to Ellie's older brother.

They both arrive at the cabin trying to escape their demons, and when they finally see each other again for the first time in years they meet in the most unlikely of ways. It's actually pretty funny how they meet years later, but I won't spoil that moment. Instead, do yourself a favor and read the novel for yourself. It will keep you entertained, especially when you see the lengths that Ellie goes to in order to get Henry to give into her. When he finally does, sparks fly and I mean FLY. Their chemistry is instantaneous and once they get a taste of each other, they can't get enough of one another.

I loved their chemistry and the story itself, but as much as I loved it I can't give it five stars because the last few chapters really left a lot to be desired in my opinion. It sounds awful, I know, but I just really feel like the last few chapters let me down.

What ultimately took off one star for me was something that happened towards the end of the book. When it happened, it didn't really move me emotionally at all, and that in itself disappointed me because Ellie goes through something really tough and I feel like she got over it way too easily. I honestly don't believe any woman in her place would have gotten over what she went through as quickly and easily as she did. I feel that what happened to her would really take a toll on any person in her place, but she just kind of accepted it and that was that. I really wish there was more to that moment that was such an important and heartbreaking moment for her character. Sadly, there wasn't.


I also feel the novel was a bit rushed towards the end. I wish we could have spent a bit more time in those last few chapters with Henry and Ellie, because they had some of the most important moments between them, but to me it felt like they were over way too soon. If we could have spent just a little bit more time with them in those last moments I think the ending would have been more fulfilling, at least for me personally. Besides that, I still think 'His Best Friend's Little Sister' is a great read and would recommend this book to anyone looking for something quick and amusing to read.


Overall, I give 'His Best Friend's Little Sister' 4 out of 5 stars, because I don't feel like Henry and Ellie got the ending they deserved. Had they gotten it, their story could have easily been a five star read for me, but because it didn't deliver in the end I have to give 'His Best Friend's Little Sister' 4 stars.

View all my reviews

Favorite Quotes: 

  • She didn’t know what to say. Before she could even respond, he lunged up like an animal and kissed her. 
   

Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon 

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment