Search

Book Review - Bad Habit by Charleigh Rose

 

Synopsis:

BRIAR

I was infatuated with Asher Kelley the moment he came tumbling through my brother’s window five years ago.
Even bruised and bloodied, he was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen.
We couldn't ever be together.
I was too young, and he was too untouchable.
He was too troubled, and I was too naive.
But the heart is rebellious, and mine decided it didn’t care about any of those things.
As I got older, harmless flirting turned to stolen moments in dark corners.
Until one day, he was gone without a trace.
Now, three years later, he’s back.
Callous and cruel.
He’s my brother’s best friend. My parents’ worst nightmare.
I should hate him.
But like a Bad Habit, I can’t quit him.

ASHER
 

I was drawn to Briar Vale from the first time she looked up at me with stars in her big, blue eyes.
She was just a kid, nothing but elbows and knees, but she was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. 
 
We could never be together.
I was too old and she was too off limits.
She was too good and I was too fucked up.
Eventually, the temptation became too much to resist.
I risked everything for a kiss and she betrayed me.
Three years have passed and I’m forced to see her again, but now she's all grown up.
She’s my best friend’s baby sister. My downfall.
I hate her for what she did.
But she's always been my drug of choice.


Review: 

Bad Habit (Bad Love, #1)Bad Habit by Charleigh Rose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was in the middle of a really bad book funk and the only thing that got me out of it was the promise of one very sexy Asher Kelley climbing through what I wish was my bedroom window but was actually Briar Vale's brother's window. *Sighs* The moment Asher climbed through that window I was a goner. He stole my heart and never gave it back.


It's one moment I really wish fiction became reality. It is also one of those rare moments in books I wish I could wipe clean from my memory just so I can read it all over again. It was just so fucking perfect, I can't even begin to explain how much I loved it. *Gah!* Pardon my French but it was pretty fucking great and makes me want to read Bad Habit all over again, and I literally just read it a few days ago, so if that doesn't tell you how amazing Bad Habit and Asher is than I don't know what will.


The days have literally started passing me by and I am still hung up on Asher. I cannot and I mean CANNOT get over this book hangover and I'm not even mad because Asher is on my mind like that really amazing song by Willie Nelson that fits how I feel about Asher perfectly. *Runs over to YouTube really quickly and listens to it* If you're like me and feel the urge to listen to "Always on My Mind," click the link. You won't regret it. It's such a great song and one of my favorite oldies! Anyways, I'm off track. Back to Asher and Bad Habit.

Asher Kelley is the epitome of book boyfriends. He is tall, sexy and the perfect alpha male, who is possessive in a way that will make you want to be his and his alone. *Swoons* I love the way he lays his claim on Briar. It's so drool worthy and downright sexy and not one bit overbearing. I won't spoil what he does to let her know she is his, but let me just say it will set your kindle on fire. *Hint, hint. Wink, wink.*

Thank you Charleigh Rose for giving the book world Asher Kelley! He is perfect in every way that counts and I want him all for myself. He has his moments where I wish he weren't so dang stubborn and an ass, but I love him just the same and am glad he exists. What I love even more than Asher, which you wouldn't think is possible but it is, is his chemistry with Briar. It is hot and I mean STEAMING hot, so brace yourself because things are gonna get heated real quick. :P


Asher and Briar have chemistry that is off the charts. *Swoons* They have some very hot and heavy moments that may or may not require some fanning and a very cold shower. Don't say I didn't warn you when things get too hot for your kindle, because things will get steamy quick, and before you know it you will be absorbed by Asher and all his amazing abilities in and out of bed. ;)


So if you're like me and enjoy reading about a sexy and passionate couple who get up to no good in the best way possible than you NEED to read Bad Habit ASAP! I promise you won't regret it if you do. It's soooooo good and without a doubt one of my top reads of 2017.

I give Bad Habit not five stars but SIX HOT AS SIN STARS because it is HOT AF and deserves all the stars! *Throws confetti in the air* Now what are you waiting for?! Go read it! You know you want to. ;) To get my point across, let me just reiterate once more, Bad Habit is AMAZEBALLS and you NEED to read it ASAP. It is an absolute MUST read!

 photo anigif_enhanced-31666-1397749871-1.gif

View all my reviews

Favorite Quotes:     

  • “I worry about you,” I admit, not making any effort to escape. His eyes clench shut, like it physically pains him to hear those words. “Don’t,” he says. “The last thing an angel like you should be doing is worrying about a fuck-up like me.” “You’re not a fuck-up. And I’m no angel.” Asher drops his forehead, rolling it against my own. “You are,” he insists, his lips trailing from my cheek down to my ear, leaving goose bumps in their wake. “And this is the last fucking thing I should be doing with you.” 
      
  • “Can I kiss you?” He makes a pained noise, but he doesn’t deny me. He presses his lips to the skin just beneath my ear, then he trails his lips back across my cheek, down to my chin, and finally, his mouth is on mine. I’ve kissed a few boys, even though Dashiell, Asher, and Adrian, have done their best to run them off, but this is so much more than just a kiss. At least, for me it is. 

  • “Don’t fall.” I jerk at the cold, taunting words rumbled near my ear and pitch forward. Instead of falling to my death, I’m yanked back by a fist closed around the back of my shirt. I stumble before righting myself, and I attempt to calm my erratic heart. My chest heaves, and Asher’s eyes follow the movement for a fraction of a second before the apathetic mask falls back into place. Those green and brown eyes appear even darker, and the shadows cling to his features, making him look like some sort of otherworldly creature.
     
  • “Keep your fucking hands to yourself.” Anyone in their right mind would be afraid, but Adrian literally laughs him off. “I mean, we can share. It’s not gay if your balls don’t touch!” Adrian yells, sending a wink in my direction. Turning his attention to me, Asher grabs me by my bicep and drags me toward the other side of the boat. “You’re coming with me. Say whatever the fuck you have to say to your brother.” “Why should I?” “Don’t fucking play with me right now, Briar,” he says roughly, snatching up a life vest and smacking it to my chest. “You’re going to pay for that little show.”


Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:
 

No comments

Post a Comment