Search

Book Review - Cyanide by Ella Fields



Synopsis:

My life seemed perfect.
Designer clothes, platinum Amex, and a boyfriend who rocked the hell out of an Armani suit.
I thought I had it all; that is, until he rode into my world.

Wrapped in denim and leather with grease-stained fingers, he was my opposite in every way.
I couldn’t have him, but I wanted him anyway.
And I was a girl who always got what she wanted, consequences be damned.

Review:

Cyanide (Surface Rust, #1)Cyanide by Ella Fields
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cyanide is one of those books that leaves you simply breathless when it's over...

It's been months since I first read Cyanide and I still can't find the words to express everything I feel about Cyanide. It's just not possible to put all my thoughts into words, because I have so much to say when it comes to Jared and Vera's story that I don't even know where to begin. For the sake of my review I guess I'll start from the very beginning where it all started on the side of the dusty road.

On one not so perfect day, Jared meets Vera on the side of the road where she is stranded all because her douchebag boyfriend ditched her there after they had a heated argument. Jared being the decent guy that he is, pulls over to give her a lift. She refuses at first because she can't imagine her fancy ass riding a motorcycle of all things, but seeing as she has no other choice, she ends up accepting his offer and climbs on the back of his bike.

 photo 7e28e0e73027a50ce21354be85fec827.gif

Jared gives Vera a lift to her sky-high apartment building and drops her off. Vera is intrigued by him but she see's how different they are and knows deep down that she could never have anything with a man like him, because he is not of her world. She is rich and Jared...Well he's a grease monkey. They are both from very different societies and their societies don't mix together just like oil and water.


Vera knows full well they could never work out, but that doesn't stop her from thinking about him. She knows better though and does her best to push any and all thoughts of him aside because she figures there's no point in thinking about a man she'll never see again. At least that's what she thinks until they run into each other at a coffee shop days later.

Jared is reading a book from the booth across from hers and hears her talking to herself, so he teases her about it from behind his book. This takes Vera by surprise but she responds unfazed.


Jared seizes the moment and approaches her, and things get interesting real quick. Vera learns right off the bat that Jared is one foul-mouthed playboy who speaks his mind and is not afraid to tell her exactly what he wants to do to her. That both shocks and excites Vera, because no man has ever been that forward with her, and let me just say, Jared's foul mouth is one of his sexiest traits. It made me swoon more times than I can count, which surprised me, but he really has a way with words if you know what I mean. ;)


Vera being the curious being that she is eventually gives into Jared and his naughty proposition. She agrees to let Jared do to her whatever he wants with no strings attached. That's when things get steamy and also very, very complicated.


It's never easy to start an affair without feelings getting involved but they give it a trial run and when they do, they set the world ablaze. Their chemistry is so hot, it's palpable. *fans myself remembering their first time* It was STEAMY! I won't say exactly what went down between the two but let's just say it was really, really, really HOT, so if you like reading about a hot sexy romp, you need to read Cyanide ASAP! Jared will make you swoon like no other and that's a promise. ;)



Aside from the heat factor, which is SO GOOD *fans myself*, Cyanide is chock-full of sage words and wonderful heartfelt moments that will make your heart melt. It made me smile more times than I can count and it even made me cry, so much so, I was a blubbering mess, but it was worth every single tear I shed.

I absolutely loved Vera and Jared! They both came from very different worlds and backgrounds, but their love for one another far surpassed any of those differences.

I can't speak highly enough about Cyanide and could go on and on about how much I love it and why I love it so much, but I'm not gonna do that because it would take me forever to word vomit everything I have to say, so I'm not even gonna try, but I hope you will take a chance on Cyanide and read it. If you do, I truly hope you love it as much as I did because it's amazing and I love it so freaking much! *Gah!* No words can explain how much I love it. It is without a doubt one of my favorite reads of 2017, and I cannot and I mean CANNOT wait to read more of Ella Fields work.

 photo 799790.gif

I give Cyanide 6 Golden stars! If you've read Cyanide I'm sure you understand why I feel the way I do and if you haven't read it, what in the world are you waiting for?! Go read it now!


View all my reviews

Favorite Quotes:

 



Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment