Search

Book Review - Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Synopsis:

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Review:

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was skeptic about buying Beautiful Disaster when I read some of the reviews from other readers, but I took a chance and am so glad I did, because I absolutely loved it from beginning to end.


Beautiful Disaster was an emotional roller coaster that made me tear up quite a bit, because I was emotionally invested in Travis and Abby. When they hurt, I hurt too. Their pain was my pain, and I couldn't help but tear up when things went awry.


Despite the heartache I felt, Travis and Abby's story kept me hooked page after page and I loved every minute of it, but for those who are skeptic like I was, I suggest that you don't go into the book with high expectations. Many people do that with books and movies, and don't end up enjoying them because they create crazy expectations in their head that no book or movie can reach, and when they finally read it or watch it they are left disappointed. Just go into it knowing that you are going to be reading a romance novel with a great story line and lovable characters that are all equally unforgettable in their own way.

My favorite character was the infamous bad boy, Travis Maddox. I mean, come on! Who doesn't like an underground boxer who is a bad-boy inside and out?


Travis is a playboy who sleeps around and he will do things that will piss you off, but underneath the rough exterior, there is a sweet guy just waiting to be discovered and who better to see the real Travis than Abby Abernathy.

The moment Travis and Abby meet, something special sparks between them, and as a reader you can really feel the intrigue that Abby feels towards Travis in that initial meeting, because he isn't your average guy. He's different but in a good way. He's charming, charismatic, and oh so swoon worthy. I sure did a lot of swooning when I read this book and I have to admit that Travis Maddox is by far one of my favorite book boyfriends. Who am I kidding?! He is my favorite book boyfriend!


I would definitely recommend this book to others, but don't take my word for it. Just read it and formulate your own opinion. I can't say you won't regret it, because we all have varying opinions, but I hope you will at least give it a chance like I did. Like I mentioned, I was very skeptic going into this novel the first time I read it and I came out a Travis Maddox fangirl, so you can bet I loved it. All of it! Characters, plot, romance and all! It was such a great read! I absolutely love it!

I have read Beautiful Disaster countless times and never tire of Travis and Abby. It is without a doubt one of my all-time favorite romance novels and will always hold a special place in my heart.


What are you waiting for? Go get your copy now!

 photo ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

And...

 photo anigif_enhanced-31666-1397749871-1.gif

I give Beautiful Disaster 6 out of 5 stars and hope you take the leap and meet Travis Maddox!

View all my reviews

Buy Link: Amazon

Favorite Quotes:

  • “It's dangerous to need someone that much. You're trying to save him and he's hoping you can. You two are a disaster." I smiled at the ceiling. "It doesn't matter what or why it is. When it's good, Kara... it's beautiful.” 

  • “You know why I want you? I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I’ve got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, Pigeon.” 

  • “I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.” 

  • “I need to hear you say it. I need to know you’re mine.” “I’ve been yours since the second we met.”

  • “It's over. Go home." "You're my home.” 
 

Purchase E-Book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment