Search

Book Review - All About the D by Lex Martin & Leslie McAdam

 

Synopsis:


I'm known for being formal. Meticulous. Professional.

So you’d never suspect I spend my nights photographing my impressive junk for a NSFW blog. Don’t roll your eyes. I’m not bragging. I have millions of followers who’ll tell you they live for my posts.

I’m like a superhero, saving humanity one dick pic at a time.

Except leading a double life means I need someone to help me protect my anonymity, so that no one, especially my family, ever discovers my online celebrity.

When I call one of the most respected law firms in town, I expect quality legal advice and confidentiality. Not a sinfully sexy attorney whose dangerous curves and soul-piercing gray eyes make me want to personally demonstrate my particular skill set.

I shouldn’t be tempted.

Especially when she knows all of my best-kept secrets. But everyone has a breaking point. And I’ve met mine.

*** All About the D is a full-length standalone and FREE on Kindle Unlimited. Due to adult situations and sexual content, it's recommended for readers over the age of 18. ***



Review:

All About the DAll About the D by Lex Martin & Leslie McAdam
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished All About the D in two nights and if I hadn't been exhausted the first night I started it, I would have devoured it in one sitting.

I absolutely loved 'All About the D!' It made me laugh, it made me smile, and it made me mad more than a few times, but more importantly, it made my heart pitter-patter like a teenage girl crushing on the high school quarterback. I crushed hard on Josh but I mean who wouldn't with the way he ran his fingers through his hair and the way he pushed up his glasses. I couldn't help but think of Henry Cavill as Superman when Josh would adjust his glasses. *swoons*

 photo tumblr_n3kv0mthm11r6a92zo1_500_zpsbljdfasl.gif

I have to admit that there were times I wanted to knock some sense into Josh. He said and did things that made me want to throw my kindle at the wall, BUT I gave him the benefit of the doubt and continued reading his and Evie's story because I know that no one is perfect, not even book boyfriends. They all make mistakes and Josh made quite a few along the way, but he more than made up for it in the best way possible, so all is good in the land of 'All About the D.'


I read some reviews and I want to address a particular line that seemed to bother a lot of people. There was a line where Josh said:

“Evie I swear you're hot, no man wants to curl up with a twig.”

Some readers took this offensively and I just wanted to talk about it, because I get how someone can take this personally, but I can assure you that Lex and Leslie did not mean to hurt anyone with these words. I have had the pleasure of talking to both of them on Facebook, and they are some of the sweetest, most kindest people you could ever talk to, and I know that they would never intentionally hurt anyone.

Leslie and Lex are both incredible women who write books that embrace women of all body types, so please do not read too much into that line. Josh is simply a man who appreciates a woman with curves, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Everyone has their own "type." Evie happens to fit the bill for Josh's type, but that in no way means that those who aren't curvy aren't enough. We are all more than enough and believe me when I say, if there are two women who will tell you this, it is Lex and Leslie, so please do not take this line personally. I can assure you that it was in no way intended to shame anyone, so PLEASE don't judge the book based off this one line and give it a chance. I can't say you won't regret it, because I can only speak for myself, but I personally enjoyed reading 'All About the D' and plan on reading it again in the future when I need a good laugh and a lighthearted read.


I really loved Josh and Evie's relationship even if I did want to smack Josh across the head at times. He obviously wasn't perfect, but I thought it was rather sweet that he complimented Evie every time she felt insecure about herself.

I know some people thought it was rather redundant because of how often he did it, but I loved it because many of us struggle with our insecurities on a daily basis, and to have a character who struggles with her body image just as much as I do, makes her not only more relatable but it also makes her feel more real to me.

 photo tumblr_nq1b6mBqtS1ux4bhuo1_500.gif

I loved the fact that I could relate to Evie as I read 'All About the D', but what I loved more was that Josh reassured her every time she felt insecure that she is beautiful and that she is enough. That in itself made me crush even harder on Josh.


I just want to thank both Lex and Leslie for making Evie a character that I and so many people can relate to. It truly means a lot to me as a reader when authors go out of their way to make characters for those of us who are often underrepresented in novels. I have told Leslie this before and I will say it again, this does not go unnoticed, and I thank both Lex and Leslie from the bottom of my heart for writing a story that means so much to so many of us. *hugs you both*


Overall, I give 'All About the D' 5 out of 5 stars and hope you will all give it a chance!


So if you need a good laugh and a lighthearted read, then 'All About the D' is just what you need!


View all my reviews

 

Favorite Quotes: 

  • “Watch it, woman. I’m not above spanking my attorney.”
  • I stare up at him, feeling so caught up in the way he’s looking at me, and I don’t want to break the spell.
  • My heart thumps wildly in my chest, and even though I know what he’s about to say, everything in me wants him to claim me.
  • As soon as the words left my mouth, I knew I shouldn’t have said them. But they’re out now, and they can’t be fixed. Final. Like spilled milk. Toothpaste out of a tube. Someone’s virginity. Gone and can never be put back.
  • My tongue swipes inside her mouth, finding hers, and just like that, we combust. Frantic. Hungry. Crazed. Like we’re trying to climb inside the other person, that’s how close we want to be. We’re nothing but hands, breaths, lips, and dare I say it, love?  

Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Lex Martin:
 FacebookAmazon | InstagramTwitter

 Connect with the Leslie McAdam:

No comments

Post a Comment