Search

Book Review - Watch Me Follow by Harloe Rae




Synopsis:

Creep. Freak. Crazy Eyes.
 

I've heard it all.
 

Over the years, they've slammed me with every demeaning name in the book.
 

Their taunts warped me like a steady stream of poison.
Anger replaced anxiety as I started believing the cruelty spat my way.
 

Until she showed up and changed everything.

Lennon Bennett is pure innocence—warm sunshine breaking apart my stormy existence.
 

She's everything good and maybe I can be too.
 

For her. With her. Because of her.
 

Lennon doesn’t know I’m beckoned closer with each breath.
 

She isn't aware that I'm completely consumed with her.
 

It’s become my sole purpose to protect her, by any means necessary.
 

But if she discovers the depth of my obsession, it will be the end of me.
 

So, I remain in the shadows.
 

Waiting. Watching. Wanting.
 

She'll be my first. My last. My only.

Watch Me Follow is a TOTAL STANDALONE new adult romance.


Review:

Watch Me FollowWatch Me Follow by Harloe Rae
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Where Ryker Goes, I Follow...

I read Watch Me Follow a little over two months ago and it has literally taken me this long to find the right words to say everything I needed to say about Ryker and Lennon's story. It's not because I didn't love it. On the contrary, I FLOVED their story, but no matter how hard I tried to write my review, I just couldn't. I literally felt like I had writer's block every time I sat down to write my review for Watch Me Follow. No matter what I wrote, I felt like my words didn't do their story justice, and deleted everything I wrote over and over again until I just about gave up.


I decided to give myself some time to gather my thoughts and am FINALLY ready to write everything I have to say, which is not easy even now, but I am going to do my best to do this wonderful story justice, so please give me a chance. *clears throat*

Watch Me Follow is far from your average love story, but before you jump to any conclusions, please hear me out. Ryker and Lennon's love story is not your typical love story and it's unconventional in many ways, BUT they make it work. I honestly could not imagine two people more perfect for each other than Ryker and Lennon. They are two peas in a pod, a match made in heaven and every saying you can think of. Simply put, they are perfect for each other.


Their story intrigued me from the gecko because I knew right off the bat that Ryker wasn't your average book boyfriend. He isn't the hot bad boy girls swoon over and he isn't the charming asshole we all want to hate but secretly love. Ryker is an introvert through and through. He is a loner and as mysterious as they come. He is super intelligent and the most sweet and innocent guy. I love this about him because he's unlike any other book boyfriend I've come across. He's really different in many ways, but sometimes different is better. In Ryker's case, this definitely proved true.


I'll be the first to admit that I love me a sexy bad boy and Ryker is anything but that, BUT when I met him, I couldn't help but fall for him even if he didn't fit the mold of the typical book boyfriend. I'm really glad I took a chance on him though, because I knew underneath his rough exterior and his obsessive tendencies their was a guy with a heart of gold. He just needed a chance to prove himself, because unlike most guy's nowadays, he's as innocent as they come, and in some ways he's so innocent he does things that most people would deem wrong, but he does it all with the best of intentions. Call me crazy but I find what he does for Lennon endearing even if most people would find it creepy. I think it's anything but creepy because I know he doesn't do it with malicious intent and does everything he can to protect what he loves, and there's nothing he loves and cherishes more than Lennon.


I won't go into any spoilery details explaining why Ryker loves Lennon the way he does. I would rather all readers find that out for themselves, because there is a backstory behind that, BUT what I will say is that it's really hard to find the words that do this book justice. Why? Well I feel that if I fully explained the gist of the story, most people would jump to the worst possible conclusions about Ryker and that's the last thing I want. I love Ryker and want everyone to take a chance on him. He's simply a misunderstood giant I just want to envelop in a big hug. He means no one harm and I hope you can all look past his flaws, because he is not what he seems. Ryker is a great guy with a heart of gold. He just needs one chance. Just one!


Take a chance on him and I promise when you do, you won't regret it, because you will get to see his motives for everything he does and you will realize that everything he does, he does it for Lennon, because he loves her. And only then, will you really see that underneath all the mystery and darkness, is a sweet and innocent guy who just loves a girl unconditionally in his own way.

Lennon is unique in her own way too. She's quirky, sweet, funny and is just as unique as her name.  She is innocent as they come and reacts to situations a lot different than your average person would and I loved that about her because had she not, she probably would never have taken to Ryker the way she did. She probably would have bolted the other direction and stayed far, far away from him. But she didn't. She was drawn to him and embraced him and accepted him as he was because she knew what it was like to be the outcast and understood him like no one else did.


Ryker is not your average man but that just attracted Lennon more to him, and unlike everyone else, she saw past his flaws and was able to see the good in him. Together they made the perfect match, but if there is one thing I loved about them, it was how sweet and innocent they were.


Their innocence is actually one of the many things that drew me to their story, because it's something that is really rare this day and age, and to be able to read about it was really refreshing because I got to see them experience many firsts together. It was really sweet to see that first hand. Their relationship really warmed my heart and made me feel euphoric when I finished their story.


Ryker and Lennon's story proves that two broken souls can learn to love one another even if they are broken beyond repair, because where there is love, there is hope.



View all my reviews


Favorite Quotes: 

  • “Will you wait a second?” Her whisper reaches deep into my chest and squeezes. “I didn’t mean it like that, Ryker. Really. You’re hard to miss because, umm, well . . . I think you’re cute.” She giggles and my knees almost buckle.

  • I whisper while glancing outside quickly. Seek is exactly where I saw him last but his head is no longer downcast. It seems like he’s looking right at me. A shiver races up my spine as a decision settles in my gut. “I’ll go to him.”

  • “I never want to fight with you.” I expel the fiery chaos searing my lungs. “This is just another first we had to experience. Sometimes arguments are necessary to work through the tougher stuff. 

     

Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment