Search

Book Review - Voyeur by Fiona Cole




Synopsis:

I didn’t know she was my student the first time I paid to watch her at Voyeur.

Once she walked into my classroom, another smiling college freshman, I knew I should stop going. Stop watching.

But I couldn’t do it. Everything about her makes me want more, and once I realize she wants me too, the temptation becomes irresistible.

The worst part is that she has no idea her professor is the one watching behind the glass.

I just have to hope that once she finds out the truth, she wants the same thing I do. Because now that I've seen all of her, I can't look away.

Stand-alone.


Review: 

VoyeurVoyeur by Fiona Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You know that feeling when you read a really good book and it leaves you utterly speechless? It's very rare and doesn't happen often but that is exactly what happened to me with Voyeur by Fiona Cole. It took my breath away. *swoons*


Voyeur is the second book I have read from Fiona Cole and just like Shame Me Not, it surprised me in the best way possible and tested me in ways I never expected.

I don't usually explore books with kink and it's not because I'm close minded or anything like that. I like to think I'm pretty open minded and am willing to explore almost all genres and tropes. Almost being the key word. And just like most readers I do have my hard limits, but for the most part, I am willing to read just about anything as long as it intrigues me. And this is always the case with any of Cole's books. Seriously! Her books are so interesting. I need to read them all. #BookwormGoals

I have to be fully honest though...I had my reservations when I picked up Fiona Cole's books, because I knew full well they did not fall under my usual genres and tropes. Her books honestly scare the crap out of me, because I know going into them that they are going to push me out of my comfort zone and push me they did, but no matter how much Cole pushed and pushed, I could not put her books down. 🙈😂

I was literally at war with myself while I read Voyeur, because Cole's books have themes I would never have thought to touch, and I mean NEVER, but no matter how much she tests me, I can never bring myself to put down her books. I love them too much to let the angel on my shoulder win. 😏 


Voyeur both scared and beckoned to me because just like Shame Me Not, it fell way, way out of my comfort zone, BUT I am really glad I took a chance on Cole back when I knew nothing about her or her work. If it wasn't for that, I may have never read Voyeur, and I can't imagine not reading Voyeur after having gotten to experience such a wonderful story. It was seriously amazing and so worth all the warring emotions that brewed inside me while I read it

The first thing that appealed to me about Voyeur was the blurb. When I read the blurb for the first time I knew I had to have it because I am a huge sucker for student/teacher romance novels. And I mean HUGE!  🙈 There's just something about the forbidden aspect of student/teacher relationships that intrigues me. And the cover? Don't even get me started on the cover. It is sexy AF! *swoons*  

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the gorgeous cover of Voyeur? It's so f*cking perfect! 😍



Okay, now that we've ogled the cover, let's get back to the heart of the matter. The story itself.

Voyeur is a student/teacher romance novel, but it's not just a taboo novel and it's not simply a romance novel with kink. There is nothing simple about Cole's books. They are unique and don't fit any one mold. They are a whole force of their own and I love her books for it, because they have some of the best storylines I've read. And I've read a lot of books over the years, but Cole never fails to surprise me with her work. She is amazing and I absolutely love her books! They always manage to hook me from the very first page. Who am I kidding? Just the blurbs alone hook me. That's really all it takes for me to read Cole's books.

When I read the blurb for Voyeur I was a goner. It reeled me in and never let me go. Not when I started it, and especially not when I finished it. It has literally been days since I finished reading Voyeur and I am still thinking about Callum and Oaklyn.



Callum and Oaklyn's story really drew me in because their story is not your average love story. It is different in the best way possible. I practically devoured my ARC when I got my hands on it. Who am I kidding?! I ravaged it! And if I didn't have to sleep or adult I could have easily finished it in one sitting. It's that good! Take it from me. I finished it in two nights and wanted more of Callum and Oaklyn when I was done. #SorryNotSorry



I loved Voyeur from beginning to end for so many reasons. The story itself was amazing! I seriously cannot emphasize that enough. But what I loved most about Voyeur was Callum Pierce AKA Dr. Pierce. *rawr* Callum is not perfect and is damaged as they come, but he is honest and real. He's not an asshole by any means and is really sweet and a genuinely good guy. He is also insecure in many ways, but he doesn't try to hide it. Callum is vulnerable and is not afraid to show his emotions and I love him for it. I really, really do. There is nothing like getting to see a genuinely good guy show his raw emotions.

When Callum hurt, I hurt. He seriously made my heart ache when he was in pain, but that pain ultimately helped him grow as a character and taught him so much along the way. But I honestly don't think he could have done any of this without Oaklyn.


Oaklyn Derringer is a performer at Voyeur. When Callum see's Oaklyn for the first time at Voyeur, he is immediately drawn to her. When he watches her perform, he lusts after her. And when he sees her walk into his class, he loses all thought process.



Oaklyn is his student and he her professor, but Oaklyn has no idea who Callum is. She especially doesn't know he is a member at Voyeur and that he is one of the clients who watches her perform. She never saw him, but he saw her. All of her. 

 
Callum tries to fight his desire to see her perform, but no matter how wrong it is, he can't bring himself to stop watching her. The more he watches her, the more he wants her. And he doesn't just want a piece of her, he wants all of her. In ways she doesn't even know. And she wants him too.


Callum resists his attraction to her, because not only is Oaklyn his student, she's also much younger than Callum. Ten years to be exact. Despite their age gap, Oaklyn is very mature for her 19 years. She listens to him, makes him laugh and smile, and actually makes an effort to get to know him unlike other women who just want to sleep with him when they lay their eyes on him. I get it. The man is attractive but at least get to know the man first. *eye roll* I'm honestly glad no one ever bothered to get to know him until Oaklyn, because none of the women before her were clearly worth his time.


When they really see each other for the first time their attraction is undeniable. They try to fight it hard because there are so many reasons why they can't be together, but no matter how hard they try to fight their growing attraction, they hit a point where they can't resist each other any longer and when they finally give into one another, sparks fly! And ovaries everywhere go BOOM! *waves goodbye to ovaries* 😂


Callum and Oaklyn's chemistry is HOT and leads to some of the steamiest scenes I've ever read! Oh my lord were they steamy! *fans myself* I won't spoil any of the hot as sin sexy times, but if you are a fan of steamy scenes and I mean STEAMY, you need to read Voyeur ASAP! Seriously! Do it! it is hot AF!


Aside from the steam factor, Voyeur also has some very emotional moments where Callum and Oaklyn will move you to pieces.They are both as raw and genuine as they come and when they are in pain, you are going to be in pain. You will feel their joy, their anger, their sadness and all the turmoil of their emotions. You will feel it all and it hurts, but it hurts so good, because there is nothing more rewarding than seeing two characters evolve and grow together. *tears up*

 
Voyeur is a book about overcoming your demons, exploring sexual boundaries, learning to put your trust in others and accepting those you love as they are. Flaws and all.


I give Voyeur 5 voyeuristic STARS and think everyone and I mean EVERYONE should read it! If it's out of your comfort zone, give it a chance. I did and I don't regret it one bit. *runs off to read all the really good bits again, if you know what I mean* 😉




View all my reviews



Favorite Quotes:

  • His long fingers wrapped behind my arm, brushing against the tender skin, sending goose bumps down my arm and up my neck. It was the first time he'd touched me, and the heat from his skin seemed to burn the memory into my brain. The light pressure was more erotic than any touch I'd ever had. Was it only the forbidden aspect? The fact that I couldn't have him, made every touch all the more intense?

  • "Dr. Pierce," she moaned. "Cal." Pressing against her, pinning my hand, I bent over and kissed up her spine to her neck and whispered. "Call Me Callum or Cal while I'm inside you." And she came.

  • “Who's in front of you, Cal?" "You." His voice was deep with excitement and nerves. I hoped it paid off. "Say my name." "Oaklyn."
  •  
     

Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment