Search

Book Review - Endurance by Amy Daws




Synopsis:

He rejected her. She loathes him. Now they have to fool everyone and pretend they actually like each other.

Tanner Harris has been busy shagging his way through the ladies of east London, but getting caught by the paparazzi buck-naked with his trouser snake in his hands means he’s sowed his last wild oat.

Dr. Belle Ryan once thought Tanner Harris was the perfect kind of bearded bad boy she needed to relieve a bit of stress after her intense job as a surgical fellow, but an icy cold rejection from London’s sluttiest footballer puts the two at each other’s throats.

Fate and a favour conspire to put Tanner and Belle back in each other’s paths and they’re forced to do a lot more than get along to save face and their careers.

Rage turns to passion and tempers run sizzling hot when they realise they aren’t just falling for each other—they’re jumping head first. And neither have the endurance to keep their hands to themselves. 



Review:

Endurance (Harris Brothers, #2)
Endurance by Amy Daws
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Endurance is the first novel I have ever read by Amy Daws, and I just want to say that Daws has a fan in me. I absolutely enjoyed reading Tanner and Belle's story from beginning to end. They made me laugh, smile, nearly cry and gave me all the feels.


I absolutely loved them together and truly enjoyed reading their story because of the great chemistry that existed between them.


I really loved Endurance because Belle is a plus sized girl, full of insecurities that so many plus sized girls like myself deal with on an almost daily basis. It was really refreshing to read her POV and to get to see those moments where she was vulnerable and insecure. It really made her feel real and genuine to me, because I could relate to her on so many levels.


I truly appreciate that Daws took the time to show this side of her, not only as a reader but also as the imperfect human being that I am, because this is real and it is something that so many of us struggle with.


Thank you Amy for writing such a wonderful novel that not only made me laugh and smile more times than I can count, but also for reminding me that I am not alone in my struggles with my insecurities. I hope I can one day find my very own Tanner.


I give Endurance 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to everyone out there looking for a lighthearted read with lots of steam and romance!

View all my reviews

Favorite Quotes:

  • “Tanner, I’m not a size eight. I’m a fourteen. And that’s during the months that I haven’t eaten my weight in chocolate. Stop skirting around it. It’s insulting.”

  • “Why the fuck would I care what you think? I don’t care that I’m fat. And I sure as hell don’t need your reassurances to feel good about myself. I know exactly what you think of me.”

  • He kisses the top of my head and I hear the sound of a camera shutter go off. I turn my head to see Indie holding her mobile up and capturing a picture.

  • His words hurt me because they speak some of my truth, too. I have Indie and we’re incredibly close, but that’s it. It’s a rather lonely existence when you think about it.   



Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment