Search

Book Review - Wait With Me by Amy Daws




Synopsis:

When romance novelist Kate Smith suddenly gets writer's block as she's beginning the final installment of her international bestselling erotic Bed 'n Breakfast series, she'll do pretty much anything to get her groove back.

Like sneak into a Tire Depot waiting room because her words flow there just like complimentary coffee-smooth, sweet, and scorchingly hot.

She manages to fly under the radar until the rugged and charming mechanic, Miles Hudson, notices the quirky redhead slinking in and out of the employees only entrance.

But she's way too intriguing to blow the whistle on.

Doing a test-drive of her new book idea sounds like a much better option.



Review:


Wait With MeWait With Me by Amy Daws
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I literally just finished reading Wait With Me and I just have to say I love, Love, Loved it! It was so good and not only lived up to my expectations, but it totally exceeded them! I give Wait With Me 5 Miles sized stars! ;)

For all those who have been following Amy's story religiously *points at myself* you will feel like you are in on an inside joke while you are reading Wait With Me, because you will get to see so much of what happened to Amy at Tires Tires Tires in Miles and Kate's story. It's seriously so great! I love being able to recall all the different things that happened to Amy at TTT, but also getting all the fictional elements that made Wait With Me the amazing story that it is. My favorite element being romance, but Amy didn't just give us romance when she wrote Wait With Me, she literally gave us the whole shebang when she gave us Miles because he is literally the alpha male of every woman's dreams and THE EPITOME of book boyfriends. He is what us romance junkies dream about. Literally.


Amy didn't just deliver with Wait With Me, she literally knocked it out of the park with Miles and Kate's story.


I started reading Wait With Me two nights ago and in just one sitting, I read over half the book and if I didn't have to sleep or adult, I could have easily finished it in one sitting. Sadly, life got in the way, well more like adulting, but that didn't stop me from finishing it today, and I am so glad I set some time aside to finish Miles and Kate's story. It was seriously so good! Once I started reading their story, I did not want to stop. It had everything I look for in a good romance novel plus more. It made me laugh, smile and nearly brought me to tears. It was seriously the cutest Rom-Com EVER! It gave me all the feels!


I won't go into any spoilery details because I hate spoilers and am not one to ruin books for others, but I will say that the way Miles and Kate met was funny and the perfect way to set the tone for their story that was the perfect mixture of funny, sweet and sometimes very awkward moments. I'll admit that some of the awkward moments were rather cringe worthy at times, but those moments made me love Kate even more, because it just made her that much more relatable and real. And let's be honest, who isn't awkward these days? I know I am and I bet so many women out there are too, so come out of your box of shame and own your awkwardness. Kate did and I love her for it even if she did make me want to face palm myself many, many times. lol


Kate is literally so many of us and I loved that about her, because she feels more like a girl next door rather than some perfect protagonist none of us could ever see ourselves in. Kate is me in many ways and I'm sure many readers will see parts of themselves in her as well. I only wish I could also find an ideal book boyfriend just like she did. I think I may be going to my local tire shop in the very near future in hopes of finding my very own Miles, because who doesn't want a man like Miles? I mean he's a hot mechanic who is handy in every aspect. ;) What's there not to like about him?
















If you haven't already met Miles, you need to do yourself a favor and meet him ASAP!


He is seriously so freaking perfect! Well kind of. He obviously isn't perfect, perfect, because no man is, but when you get past his imperfections, you will love him for who he is. I know I did. Miles is just a sweet, misunderstood giant I just want to envelop in a big hug. He has his issues that he has a hard time overcoming just like any other person, but when you look past all that and get to really know him for who he is, you will fall for him. I promise! He is seriously so amazing and the ideal book boyfriend, both literally and figuratively. ;)


Miles gave me all the feels! He is seriously the swooniest and Mr. McDreamy in the flesh. *sighs* Did I mention Miles is an alpha male? *swoons* I love when he gets jealous because that jealousy lead to some of the best and steamiest moments EVER!


When you get to the steamy bits you will need to fan yourself, because things are gonna get hot and I mean HOT! Consider yourself warned. ;)


If you haven't noticed by now, I am a HUGE Miles fangirl! #SorryNotSorry Why? Well there are so many reasons to list, but long story short, he made me wish over and over again that he was real and even though he isn't, I'm not giving up hopes of finding a man out there that is book boyfriend material just like him because he is perfect in every way that counts!




I have faith that somewhere out there is my very own Miles. I'm like 99 percent sure his name won't be Miles. lol But I'm not giving up hope of finding my very own version of Miles. Perhaps he's at a tire shop waiting for me. A girl can dream, am I right? Tires Tires Tires, here I come.


View all my reviews

Favorite Quotes:

  • "You'd think I'd be more mature about it since I write about this stuff all the time, but I'm not. You had the biggest morning wood I had ever seen when I got up earlier." My brows lift. "Well, why didn't you wake me up so we could do something about it?" Mercedes smiles a shy smile that is so cute, my dick jumps. My sex writer, fucking shy? Christ, she just keeps getting better.

  • "Our eyes meet, and just as there's a crack of thunder and a flash of lightning, we slam into each other, like two storm clouds colliding in the starless sky."

 

Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:
 

No comments

Post a Comment