Search

Book Review - Balance by Lucia Franco

 

Synopsis:

Adrianna Rossi is no stranger to the rigorous demands required of her body. Years of pain and determination make her one of the best. Olympic glory is the ultimate goal, and she'll do anything to achieve it. Even if that means leaving home to attend World Cup Academy of Gymnastics, a training center that serves one purpose—producing champions. Perfection, precision, and dedication are required of his athletes. When two time Olympian Konstantin Kournakova is persuaded into training the young hopeful, he immediately regrets it. She doesn't come close to his high standards. As the relentless pursuit of her dream keeps her striving, a passion is ignited within him. Kova's power and domination, coupled with Adrianna's fierce tenacity, reveal there is more for her body to learn. Every interaction can be misconstrued, but there’s no mistaking the darkening of his gaze, the lingering of his touch, or the illicit image of his bare skin pressed against hers. Integrity is on the line. One toe off the beam and their forbidden desires could ruin everything they’ve worked for, throwing it all off balance.

WARNING: This novel contains explicit content.


Review:

Balance (Off Balance, #1)Balance by Lucia Franco
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you ever read a book that you just couldn't get out of your head no matter how many days, weeks and months passed? Balance is that book for me. I guess you could say I have a really bad book hangover. #NoRegrets




It's been months since I read Balance and I still can't stop thinking about Adrianna and Kova. They are on my mind constantly, because their story is unlike anything I have ever read. It's taboo AF and it will make you question your morals every step of the way, but no matter how many lines it crosses, you will not want to put it down. If you're anything like me, you may not even want to sleep just so you can keep reading it. Who needs sleep anyways? Sleep is for the weak. :P


I went into Balance pretty much blind and honestly, I think it's the best way to go into Balance so you don't go into it with preconceived notions. If anything, go into it with an open mind, because your morals will be tested, and what you once thought was wrong, may not seem so wrong after you read Balance.


I knew full well that Balance was a taboo novel when I started reading it, but I had no idea just how far it surpassed the lines of what is morally wrong and right.

Kova is Adrianna's gymnastics coach, and he is not only older than her, but he is also an old friend of her dad's. I knew none of this going into it, so you can imagine my surprise when I not only learned just how far back Kova and Adrianna's dad go, but also the age gap that exists between Adrianna and Kova.


I'm really glad I went into Balance knowing none of this, because it completely took me by surprise when I learned how much older Kova was than Adrianna. I think that if I had known Adrianna and Kova's age gap before starting Balance I would have been put off by it and not have read Balance at all, because I honestly would have thought it was wrong and just passed it up. But when you don't know any of those details and go into the story with an open mind and start to get to know the characters and see the relationship that starts to develop between them as Kova coaches Adrianna, you start feeling like age doesn't matter.

Does age matter? Most people say no. They also say that in love there is no age, but I never agreed with this. Not until I read Balance.


Adrianna and Kova have really made me start to question what I have believed for years. I don't even know what to think anymore. I know that what they have is wrong, but how can something so wrong be so right?!


Adrianna and Kova's relationship is the epitome of taboo. It's so taboo I felt guilty reading it, because I knew it was wrong on so many levels, but at the same time I enjoyed reading their story. That alone made me feel even more guilty, but not even that could stop me from devouring Balance. I'll admit that there were times where I felt like I needed to be doused in holy water, because Balance is without a doubt the most taboo story I have ever read, and the fact that I actually liked reading it made me feel really guilty, but I couldn't help it. It was that good! I could not for the life of me get enough of Adrianna and Kova.


What Adrianna and Kova have is so much more than just simple attraction or lust. It's something they have only with each other and no one else. What they have is simply indescribable.

 photo tenor_3.gif

They bring out the best in each other and at times, even the worst, but I love them together just the same, and could not imagine them being with anyone else. They belong together. I know some readers don't agree with this, but I'm all for #TeamKova.


I have no idea where Lucia Franco is going to take this story in the next novel, Execution, but I am excited to see what she does with Kova and Adrianna, and cannot, and I mean CANNOT wait for the next installment!


I hope everyone out there takes a chance on Balance! Adrianna and Kova's story will make you question right and wrong, and at times it may even make you feel guilty like it did me, but once you see how great they are together you will not want to put Balance down. It is that addicting!


What are you waiting for?! You need Adrianna and Kova in your life! Go and buy your copy now!


I give Balance 6 out of 5 stars because it's just one of those books I can't stop thinking about no matter how much time goes by! I highly recommend it to everyone out there looking for a forbidden romance that will make you question everything, including your own name. ;)


View all my reviews


Favorite Quotes:

  • His fingers dug into my bicep. I watched his control waver, and for a selfish moment, I hoped it snapped.

  • His stubble grazed my cheek, and his breath tingled my neck. I gasped, my stomach tightened.

  • He paused, his lips curling in satisfaction. "After a workout, my body is weak, and my control sucks, Ria. I have no control now," and then he slammed his mouth to mine.

  • Kova's eyes darkened. "There is no need to beg, Ria," his voice cracked. "You can take what you want. In fact, I wish you would take from me. It would be easier that way."


Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

 

 Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment