Search

Book Review - Midnight Rose by Dani Hart



Synopsis:

My grandfather had once told me that life was an unpredictable beast—one moment calm with a full belly and heavy eyes, and the next, digging its paws in the dirt, snarling just before it took down its next victim. Until recently, I would argue with that notion, listing all the reasons why my life was as predictable as the tides coming and going. While I listened, I was young and never put much thought into a lot of the things my grandfather told me, but all that changed when the Hunters moved back to Sandpoint. More specifically, Wes Hunter. That was when the impossible became possible and the predictable became unpredictable.

As Abigail Rose looked down on her new world, she couldn’t deny the things she had seen and all the things she had learned. There were days she wished she could go back to her old life, but she had changed. Evolved. She was no longer a love-struck seventeen year old. She was a chosen leader and her path was undeniable. The black and white was fading to gray, and the only thing between mortals and immortals was her.

 

Review:

Midnight Rose (Midnight series, #1)
Midnight Rose by Dani Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just finished reading 'Midnight Rose' and absolutely loved it!!!!! It is a must read for fans of 'Twilight' and all those who love vampire novels!

If you have read Twilight you will see the influence it had on Dani Hart as she wrote 'Midnight Rose', but this is no fan fiction turned into fifty shades of nonsense.


'Midnight Rose' is original and grips you from the very first page. I enjoyed every minute of it and just when I thought I had everything figured out, it turned out I was wrong!


This book is unpredictable and will leave you wanting so much more by the time you finish reading the last page.

I personally cannot wait for the release of the second book, and am really looking forward to reading what is in store for Abby and all the characters that Hart created with so much depth. Their roles in Abby's story is so well written, you can't help but feel like they are real. There were even moments where I was so immersed in Abby's story that I felt like I was the one living her story.


It's very rare when a book makes you feel as though you are in the characters shoes, but 'Midnight Rose' is one of those stories where you feel exactly that. It makes you feel like you exist in the same world as Hart's characters, and that always makes for a promising read.

Hart truly did an amazing job bringing her story together, and I give her major props for creating a captivating story full of such unique characters.


I've actually mentioned this to Dani, but when it comes to her novels, I have a really hard time choosing sides, because she writes both male love interests so well I find it difficult to choose between the two.


It makes me wish Abby could just keep both, but I know that's not possible and am really curious to see who Abby chooses in the end.

I highly encourage all of you to give this novel a chance if you love romance novels that include dark and mysterious immortals. I can't say you won't regret it, because I know we all have different taste in books, but consider giving it a chance if you enjoyed reading series like The Twilight Saga and The Mortal Instruments. This novel is just as good as those series, if not more, but that's ultimately for you to decide.


View all my reviews


Favorite Quotes:

  • "Maybe I was crazy thinking that somebody so extraordinary could like somebody so ordinary."

  • Learning the art of silence at a young age saved me from a lot of humiliation at the end of eighth grade when my world crumbled like a stale cookie. 


  • "What are you doing here, Wes?" I snapped as I fluidly pulled down my hair, combing it out with my fingers, feeling extremely self-conscious. "I wanted to see you." His reply was so ordinary,  as if nothing had transpired between us. "I meant, what are you doing back in Sandpoint?" "I wanted to see you." His answer unchanging, but softer this time as if it pained him just as much to have been separated all this time.



Purchase E-book at Amazon

 Connect with the Author:
 FacebookAmazon | InstagramWebsite
  

No comments

Post a Comment