Search

Book Review - Ever After by Roxie Noir




Synopsis:

Once upon a time, a girl saved my life.

I was piss-drunk, high as a kite, and about to jump from a bridge.

She stopped me. I told her to fuck off.

Exactly how all great love stories start.

A year later, I met her again. Sober this time, after yet another stint in rehab.

She’s still pretty, still a spitfire, still lights up a room when she walks in.

And she doesn’t realize I’m the guy from the bridge.

Frankie doesn’t know anything about me or my past. She doesn’t know I’m a former rock star or an ex-junkie.

She doesn’t know that two years ago, someone died because of me.

She doesn’t need to know. She’s got problems of her own, and they’re what keep her coming back to see me time and again, even when we both know she shouldn’t.

I should be staying far, far away from this girl, but it’s like telling water to flow uphill. Can’t be done.

Frankie and I may be going down in flames, but we’ll be going down together.


Review:

Ever After (Dirtshine #3)Ever After by Roxie Noir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read quite a few Roxie Noir novels over the years and I have to say Ever After did not disappoint one bit. It is the first novel I have read from the Dirtshine series and after finishing it, I am definitely planning on reading the rest of the series. I cannot wait to read the other two books in the series but for now, let's talk Ever After. After all, it's what brought us here. ;)

I have to admit that I struggled to get into Ever After at first, but it's not for the reason you are probably thinking. Let me explain. 

The reason I struggled with Ever After so much in the beginning was because I was pissed at the protagonist AKA Frankie. Why you ask? Well, let's just put it this way, Frankie is engaged to a man who treats her like sh*t. Like literal dog sh*t. *sighs* It sounds horrible, I know, but sadly it's true.


Alistair, Frankie's fiancee, made me want to smack him more times than I can count because he was such a douchebag and did not stand up for her when he needed to. Despite that she put up with his crap when she clearly deserved better. It goes over her head in the beginning though and she doesn't give it much importance, not when he belittles her and not when his family treats her like crap. Having to see her endure this was hard and just SO frustrating because I hated every moment she had to put up with her fiancee and his family. They were the absolute worst and made me want to yank my hair out. Literally.


The most frustrating part was seeing how perfect Liam was for her and knowing that there was a spark between them that she didn't even have with her fiancee of three years, yet she had it with Liam, a man she hardly knew. But her being the good person that she was, fought her attraction to Liam as hard as she could, and always went back to her jerk of a fiancee, who did not deserve her. Not one bit.


It took her forever and I mean FOREVER to realize that Liam was so good for her, but when she did, it made the slow burn so worth it because not only did sparks fly, but clothes got torn and animalistic urges clawed their way to the surface and things got heated quick! Let me just say, it was HOT AF! They could not get enough of each other and I could not get enough of them. They were just so perfect for each other, I didn't want their story to end.


It's honestly a miracle my kindle didn't light on fire with how hot Liam and Frankie's chemistry was. It was literally swoon worthy. *fans myself*


In terms of pacing, Frankie and Liam's story was much slower than any other story I've read from Roxie Noir, BUT they also had some of the best chemistry and most intense and passionate moments out of all the couples I've had the pleasure of meeting through Roxie Noir's novels, and that's saying a lot, because Noir writes some of the best sex scenes around. If you've read her books, you know exactly what I'm talking about, but Liam and Frankie are on a whole other level, so if you are into slow burns, sexy rock stars and hot AF chemistry, than you need to read Ever After! Like, right now!


Overall, I give Ever After 5 Rockin' Stars!

View all my reviews

Favorite Quotes: 

  • "I understand why moths fly toward flames. I’ve always understood."

  • “Frankie, if I wanted you to talk dirty, vaginal isn’t the word I’d be getting you to say,” I tell her, leaning forward another inch. The drink wasn’t strong, but I’ve been good these last few months, and when you’re not chasing heroin with a pint of vodka nightly, a single drink has quite a bit more effect. Enough effect for me pretend that it’s just us, here. That there’s no Alistair outside, no Elizabeth, no future family. Enough for me to pretend that maybe to her I’m more than some amusing-but-harmless bartender.  


  •  “There’s not a single living being in the north of England who thinks you came time after time for a pint of warm beer and the company of a dozen codgers who can barely string a sentence together free of grunts,” I say. “We both know you came to see me. Giles and Malcolm know it. Harry knows it. Your fiancé knows it. The fucking queen knows it.” 


    Purchase E-book and Paperback at Amazon

     Connect with the Author:

No comments

Post a Comment